Written by Scott DeSilva on January 10, 2019
Secure Access for Agile Disaster Recovery: New Partnership
Cyxtera and Webair partner to provide disaster recovery as a service: automated network failover and failback orchestration that’s agnostic to physical networks and surpasses traditional failover methods.
Cyberattacks. Ransomware. DDoS attacks. Enterprise networks and data access can be knocked out without warning, thanks to these threats. While stopping these threats is impossible, disaster recovery with network agility and automation helps organizations prepare for the unexpected.
Disaster Recovery Networking and Security: A Better Way
Webair, a cloud and fully managed infrastructure service provider, has integrated with Cyxtera to use the industry’s most comprehensive Software-Defined Perimeter solution, AppGate SDP, to provide automated network failover and failback orchestration that’s agnostic to physical networks and surpasses traditional failover methods.
Benefits of SDP for Disaster Recovery
This integrated solution provides enterprises policy-based failover and failback between production and disaster recovery with no traditional network changes required to failover/back. The network team is not required for the configuration and security is guaranteed for the disaster recovery site.
The enhanced orchestration capabilities and integration with Cyxtera allow Webair to provide its customers with assurances of a disaster recovery service that can failover and failback specific applications or the entire hybrid IT infrastructures via AppGate SDP for true and instant workload mobility. This method is void of the traditional shortcomings of network-based failover and ensures the recovery site maintains the exact same security policies and control as the production environments.
By integrating with AppGate SDP, Webair is able to provide a Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service with the following capabilities:
- Disaster recovery backed by 15 Minute RPO and 1 Hour RTO SLAs
- Application-specific failover and failback without the need for traditional network changes
- Provide a disaster-recovery solution with the same amount of security as production
- Ability to test applications at the DR site in a completely fenced environment, non-intrusive to production and without the need for manual configuration
- Support for all types of infrastructure configurations including on-premise equipment, colocation, private cloud, and public clouds
Learn more about secure network access for agile disaster recovery.