How It Works
CXD Compute Nodes are sold and delivered by the node, with a minimum of three nodes for the initial cluster. A node is a dedicated self-contained HCI unit that combines compute (CPU cores), memory (RAM), and storage (hard disk drive and solid-state disk) into a pre-configured integrated chassis. A variety of different node configurations are available to tailor the infrastructure capacity to specific workload needs. A group of nodes forms a cluster. Each customer has one or more dedicated cluster1.
SAMPLE NODE CONFIGURATIONS
|Node Type||No. Cores||CPU Speed (Ghz)||RAM (GB)||HDD (TB) Storage||SDD (TB) Storage|
- Minimum of three nodes for a new cluster2
- Additional nodes may be added individually
- Minimum contract term: 12 months
- Monthly contract term to follow mid 2018
- Data center space and power
- Compute and storage hardware
- Core network and top of rack switches
- Nutanix Acropolis Pro and Prism Starter software licenses
- Hardware and software maintenance
- 24x7 data center operations
- Nutanix Acropolis
- VMware ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- None – bare metal
- After initial deployment customers may install the hypervisor of their choice
1. Individual nodes may be purchased if the customer has an existing Nutanix environment already deployed and they wish to.
2 Microsoft Hyper-V support will not be offered in the initial release. Microsoft Hyper-V support is expected in the near future.