1. What are Cookies and why does Cyxtera use them?
2. Types of Cookies used by Cyxtera.
The types of cookies which may be used by Cyxtera from time to time are detailed below:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for our Website to function and cannot be switched off without impairing the functioning of our Website. They are set to respond to actions taken by you to make a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but if you do so, some parts of our Website will not work.
- Performance Cookies.These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our Website and will not be able to monitor its performance during your visit.
- Functional Cookies.These cookies enable our Website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of the services associated with these cookies may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies.These cookies may be set through our Website by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They do not directly store personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
3. Managing Cookies on the Cyxtera Website.
You do not have to accept all of the cookies used by our Website. If you wish to delete or block cookies, you can do so at any time by deleting existing cookies from your browser and activating the appropriate setting on your browser. The links below provide more information on how you can adjust your cookies settings depending on which browser you use:
4. Cyxtera’s Use of Google Analytics.
This Website also uses Google Analytics, a third-party web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how their visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics collects information anonymously, and reports web site trends without personally identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. The Google Analytics cookie is used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. A different Google Analytics cookie is used for each website that uses the Google Analytics tool, and visitors are not tracked across multiple websites. To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis. In addition to declining cookies, you can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on in your browser, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits. Information collected by the Google Analytics cookie is transmitted to, and stored by, Google in accordance with its privacy practices.
To see an overview of privacy at Google and how this applies to Google Analytics, please visit: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
To opt out of Google Analytics, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Last Updated: December 20, 2022