UPDATED: July 2021
COVID-19 Statement for Customers and Partners
Cyxtera continues to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 on data center operations. Cyxtera is committed to providing a safe workplace for our customers, contractors and employees while maintaining continuity of services to our customers. In response to current U.S. Center of Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, all visitors to Cyxtera data centers, including employees, customers, contractors, and vendors, are subject to certain protocols.
COVID-19 Protocols will change for Cyxtera’s U.S. data centers as follows as of July 1, 2021:
Masks and Social Distancing:
Face coverings and social distancing protocols remain in effect and required for all visitors not fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except when they are alone in a room or six feet of social distancing is maintained, eating and drinking, or a medical exemption is necessary.
- Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear face coverings or continue social distancing. A person is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- All individuals are encouraged, though not required, to wear face coverings when in common areas of the data center to prevent the transmission and spread of COVID-19.
- Individuals are expected to self-attest to their vaccination status and follow any required face covering and social distancing protocols in effect.
COVID-19 Visitor Screening Protocol:
- Cyxtera employees, security guards, contractors, customers and escorted visitors, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status, must assess their current health prior to entering a Cyxtera data center.
- Individuals should NOT ENTER the data center if they:
- Are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 calendar days.
- Are unvaccinated and have been in direct contact with anyone confirmed positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 calendar days.
- Are currently awaiting results from a COVID-19 test based on exposure or symptoms. Individuals should not access a data center until symptom free and a negative test result is received.
- There are no capacity limitation mandates in effect.
Travel Restriction Mandates:
- There are no travel restrictions or individual self-quarantine mandates in effect.
Face coverings and Hand Sanitizer Supplies:
- Cyxtera will continue to have masks available for individuals upon request, regardless of vaccinated status.
- Cyxtera will continue to provide hand sanitizers throughout the data center.
*Please note that these protocols do not apply to Cyxtera data centers outside the United States.
Data Center Access Outside United States
Only “business-essential” Cyxtera vendor and customer personnel are allowed on site. Business essential includes, for example, break-fix activity or upgrades that cannot be postponed.
All visitors to Cyxtera data centers, including employees, customers, contractors, and vendors, are verbally screened prior to being allowed entry. This screening is conducted via a questionnaire at the entrance to the facility. Anyone who answers “yes” to any of these questions will be denied access:
- Are you experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms including fever?
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been tested for or diagnosed with Coronavirus in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled to a high-risk area that is subject to a travel health notice?
Data Center Policies & Procedures Outside the United States
- Cyxtera data center personnel are divided into teams that limit the risk of infection to the greatest extent possible.
- Personnel are required to practice elevated personal hygiene and social distancing measures while in our facilities, including:
- Minimize face-to-face meetings.
- Use the telephone, online conferencing, email, or instant messaging to conduct business even when working in the same building.
- If a face-to-face meeting is unavoidable, minimize the meeting time and maximize personal space while meeting.
- Avoid person-to-person contact such as shaking hands, fist bumps, pats on the back, etc.
- Avoid nonessential gatherings, workshops, and training sessions.
- Frequent hand washing with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Frequent cleaning of personal workstations and common touch points.
- Common areas may be restricted in certain facilities as circumstances warrant.
In the event Cyxtera is notified that any individual who visited one of our facilities has tested positive for COVID-19, we quickly notify those customers, partners, vendors, and employees who may be impacted as a result of the positive test. In this communication, to the extent possible, Cyxtera provides relevant information related to the timing of when the individual last visited the data center, specific areas within the data center the person accessed, the assessed level of risk to individuals that may have accessed the same areas, and the mitigation steps we are taking.
As conditions evolve, any modifications to these procedures will be posted here.
Should you have any questions, please reach out to your Customer Care representative through the Cyxtera Customer Portal or through our contact page.