UPDATED: March 2022
COVID-19 Statement for Customers and Partners
Cyxtera continues to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 on data center operations. Cyxtera is committed to providing a safe workplace for our customers, contractors, and employees while maintaining continuity of services to our customers. In response to current U.S. Center of Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, all visitors to Cyxtera data centers, including employees, customers, contractors, and vendors, are subject to certain protocols.
Masks and Social Distancing:
In the United States, Cyxtera continues to follow CDC recommendations and state and local guidelines concerning mask wearing and social distancing in the workplace. Outside the United States, Cyxtera continues to follow local guidelines on mask wearing and social distancing in the workplace.
Face coverings and Hand Sanitizer Supplies:
Cyxtera will continue to have masks available for individuals upon request, regardless of vaccinated status. Cyxtera will continue to have hand sanitizer supplies available in the workplace.
COVID-19 Visitor Screening Protocol:
Cyxtera employees, security guards, contractors, customers, and escorted visitors, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status, must assess their current health prior to entering a Cyxtera data center.
Individuals should NOT ENTER Cyxtera’s facilities if they:
- Are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have a fever.
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 5 calendar days.
- Are unvaccinated and were exposed to COVID-19 in the past 5 calendar days through close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Are currently awaiting results from a COVID-19 test based on exposure or symptoms. Individuals should not access Cyxtera’s facilities until fever-free for 24 hours after isolation for 5 full calendar days or the individual receives a negative test result.
In the event Cyxtera is notified that any individual who visited one of our facilities has tested positive for COVID-19, we quickly notify Cyxtera customers, contractors, and employees who may be impacted as a result of the positive test. In this communication, to the extent possible, Cyxtera provides relevant information related to the timing of when the individual last visited the data center, specific areas within the data center the person accessed, the assessed level of risk to individuals that may have accessed the same areas, and the mitigation steps we are taking.
Cleaning and Personal Hygiene:
Cyxtera continues to conduct frequent cleaning of personal workstations and common touch points. Cyxtera encourages personnel to continue to practice elevated personal hygiene, including frequent hand washing.
Following CDC recommendations and state and local guidelines there are currently no capacity limitation mandates in effect.
Travel Restriction and Self-Quarantine Mandates:
Based on CDC recommendations, there are no travel restrictions or individual self-quarantine mandates in effect.
Additional Data Center Policies & Procedures Outside the United States
- Cyxtera data center personnel are divided into teams that limit the risk of infection to the greatest extent possible.
- Personnel are encouraged to continue to practice elevated personal hygiene and social distancing measures while in our facilities.
- Common areas may be restricted in certain facilities as circumstances warrant.
As conditions evolve, any modifications to these procedures will be posted here.