Protect Your Data, Continuously and Efficiently, with Backup & DR-as-a-Service
As businesses scale, data protection remains a constant requirement, and is now one of the key cyber security challenges organizations are most concerned with, not just at the IT level, but through the entire organization from the C-suite down. Employees accidentally delete files, systems crash, malware and ransomware attacks occur, and audits and compliance requirements multiply – risks exist everywhere.
Assessing the strength of your data security posture is an ongoing process. Bad actors are unrelenting in their efforts to attack. According to Infosecurity Magazine, there was a 38% increase in the volume of cyber attacks in 2022 over the previous year. While businesses are focused on developing more data protection protocols, it is critical to ensure data is continuously backed up, and is immutable, as well as that you have tested a plan to recover that data.
Some of the key factors contributing to data protection risks include:
- Remote work has extended access to business data through households, coffee shops, and remote work environments that exist outside the control of a corporate IT system.
- Internet of Things (IoT) devices can be tremendous business assets, but data collected on wearable equipment and GPS trackers can put your customers’ data at risk.
- Social media provides fertile ground for hackers to collect data. As reported in PC Magazine, Meta discovered over 400 malicious iOS and Android apps in 2022; these apps utilized an attack plan based on stealing users’ Facebook login credentials, opening the door to steal their data.
Most enterprises exercise some form of backup on a daily or regular basis. However, the traditional way of adding more hardware dedicated to backup can get expensive, labor intensive, and time consuming.
When you’re considering backup strategies, some questions to consider include:
- Are the costs of Backup-as-a-Service systems (BaaS) an issue?
Consider a convenient and flexible Operational Expenditure model – take advantage of the flexibility provided by predictable, pay-as-you-go billing options designed to accommodate your unique needs.
- Are your compliance protections strong enough?
We know you’re focused on the safety of your sensitive data – now you can meet compliance requirements for sensitive data and applications in regulated markets with services that manage data in secure colocation centers and protect your data against accidental deletions by employees, system crashes, malware, and ransomware attacks.
- Is the risk of downtime bringing you down?
Gain more confidence and security with dedicated backup and recovery systems that minimize lost productivity and revenues associated with unplanned downtime.
How BaaS can work for you
Enabled by Cyxtera’s Digital Exchange and offered through strategic Ecosystem Partners, Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) provides complete 24x7 management of your backup and recovery operations. BaaS cuts out the operational complexity, risk factors, and capital expenditures historically associated with backup and recovery.
- Reduced downtime for disruption: Dedicated backup and recovery services minimize lost productivity and revenues associated with unplanned downtime.
- Convenient and flexible pay-as you-go OpEx model: Take advantage of the flexibility of predictable, pay-as-you-go billing options designed to accommodate your needs.
- Anytime 24/7/365 recovery: Strict service level agreements (SLAs) ensure anytime management of your backup and recovery operations.
- Lower infrastructure and staff costs: Free your internal IT staff from the responsibility of managing backup infrastructure and daily backup and recovery tasks.
- Comprehensive coverage on a global scale: Protect your data on all platforms over a network of densely connected global data centers.
Through Cyxtera’s partnership with Assured, your data is protected using industry-leading backup and recovery suites like Commvault or Rubrik. Your BaaS provider can access your existing pre-deployed infrastructure or access Cyxtera’s on-demand Enterprise Bare Metal infrastructure to provide for your business continuity and disaster recovery services.
Interested in learning more about BaaS? Reach out to your account director for more information or visit Assured’s storefront at the Cyxtera Marketplace.
Views and opinions expressed in our blog posts are those of the employees who made them and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Company. A reader should not unduly rely on any statements made therein.
Protect Your Data with Backup & DR-as-a-Service
Interested in learning more about BaaS? Reach out to your account director for more information or visit Assured’s storefront at the Cyxtera Marketplace.Visit Assured's storefront on the Cyxtera Marketplace